This Year Blog Revue will be sponsoring it first annual 2010 Blog Of the Year Contest!!!
Here is how it works:
1) You tell Blog Revue that you would like your blog entered into the Contest.
You do this by becoming a Blog Revue Facebook fan & providing a comment under the Contest Event tab with your blogs url address & a statement saying you want to be entered into the contest. That’s it!!!
2) Four (4) blogs will then be chosen by me and my Blog Revue trusty helpers as the 2010 finalists. The finalists can be in any genre and there could be multiple finalists in the same blogging genre.
3) The winning blog will be then be chosen by the people through a poll placed on this site! Anyone can vote as often as they like. Voters include…for example, followers of this blog, followers of your blog, followers of your Facebook pages, twitter, Ning & any friends and family you can muster up to vote for you &c.
Here are the time deadlines-IMPORTANT
October 6, 2010 is the time deadline to become a Blog Revue FB fan and enter the content under the Events tab (make sure you say you want to enter the contest and provide your blogs URL)
November 13, 2010 is when the four contest blog finalists will be announced.
November 15, 2010 is when poll voting will begin for the four blog finalists.
December 9, 2010 the poll will close at 5:00 p.m. central standard time.
December 11, 2010 the Blog Of The Year will be announced on this site & the Blog Revue Facebook page.
Here are the requirements:
1) Your blog must be at least one year old (you don’t have to be popular, the world does not have to know about you…but you must be at least a year old by October 6, 2010).
2) You must blog on average 3 time as week (trust me we’ll check to make sure) through the duration of the contest. This also includes any guest bloggers you may have.
3) Your blog must be fit for the average viewer…you get my drift.
4) You must have gumption to rally the troops if you are a finalist!
Here is What you Win!!!
You will be the 2010-2011 Blog Revue Blog of the Year
You get to tell all your friends & family, and press agents (if you have any) & put the title on your blog.
You’ll have a page dedicated to your blog here for one year, & the Blog Revue FB page (well…a tab) with an accompanying interview of you by Blog Revue.
You will win Swag…good Swag. (Beginning in the month of September I’ll slowly start to reveal the swag).
Here’s how you become a finalist:
1) You enter the contest by October 6, 2010 (in the way indicated above).
2) Your blog will be at least a year old by October 6, 2010.
3) You blog on average 3 times per week (including any guest bloggers you may have) through the end of the contest date.
4) Your blog has an appealing aesthetic quality to it.
5) Your content is original, informative, instructive with a distinct voice.
6) Your blog is relatively easy to navigate.
7) A reasonable amount of lobbying from you only (the blog editor(s)) is allowed so we don’t overlook a good thing! Lobbying does not include gifts.
Here’s what you get if you don’t win:
You get noticed by The Blog Revue and may be put on our The Blog Revue watch list for a later unsolicited revue.
Terms & conditions upon Contest entry:
This contest is open to persons with a valid U.S. residence or business address only, (with the exception of residence or business addresses located in Hawaii and Puerto Rico-shipping costs people…shipping costs). P.O. box is not a valid U.S. residence or business address. If you live and blog outside of the U.S., but you have a friend or relative in the U.S. who you trust to keep safe your swag then you can enter.
Once you become a finalist you agree to respond to, or e-mail Blog Revue (Danielle Shelton Walczak-editor) with your U.S. residential or business address (for shipment of contest prizes should you win). You agree to do this by Wednesday November 17, 2010.
If you are a finalist you agree to provide The Blog Revue with a personal professional photograph & representative photographic image for your blog to post at this site & on the Blog Revue’s Facebook page. You agree to do this by Wednesday November 17, 2010.
Should you win the 2010 Blog Revue Blog Of The Year Contest, you agree to submit to an interview by The Blog Revue editor, and answer all pertinent questions. You agree to submit to this interview based on the time-line provided to you by The Blog Revue once you are declared the winner and contacted by The Blog Revue.
Should you win the 2010 Blog Revue Blog Of The Year Contest, you agree that The Blog Revue may use your interview, personal professional picture, & blog photographic image on its website & Facebook page indefinitely & any other promotional material for The Blog Revue or editor Danielle Shelton Walczak.
2010 Blog Revue Blog Of The Year Contest winnings will be shipped via ground shipment within 14 days of the announcement of the contest winner. Shipment costs will be paid by The Blog Revue. The Blog Revue does not guarantee the condition of the shipment (meaning if the postman breaks it or losses it, but let me know).
The 2010 Blog Revue Blog Of The Year Contest winner may use the Blog Review contest winner logo image (which will be provided to the winner after the winner announcement) to use only on the winning blog and the blog’s FB page or other social networking pages. If the winner would like to use the Blog Revue contest winner logo elsewhere she/he must obtain permission from The Blog Revue).
If the above terms and conditions are not met by the finalist or winner, The Blog Revue reserves the right to disqualify the finalist or winner & pick another blog finalist or winner in its stead.
The Blog Revue agrees to change the terms & conditions regarding this contest without prior notice to the contestants (I’ll do this only if I forgot something).